Sr Maintenance Technician
Redmond, WA 98033
$750 Sign-on Bonus for maintenance related roles:
External Candidates will be eligible for a $750 sign-on bonus if hired for full-time, permanent roles. Bonus will be payable the first pay-period following completion of the first 90 days of employment. Bonus must be paid back in full if the candidate leaves the organization within the first 12 months of employment.
Position is reserved for assets with 400+ units and/or is part of a multi-site management team. The person in this position is responsible for all maintenance aspects of the community’s operations and objectives, and to act in that capacity in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Accountable for: completion of general maintenance tasks including work orders and unit turns, maintaining the physical asset, participating in the “on-call” rotation for after-hours emergencies, and providing a quality living environment for residents.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completes maintenance projects with minimal supervision, including defining scopes of work needed, solicitation of vendor bids, cost analysis, vendor selection and supervision, and contract compliance consistent with Company policy and direction from the Community Manager and/or CM&S
- Assists with administration of maintenance functions and accurate tracking of inventory for repair and maintenance
- Performs pre-move out and move out inspections providing guidance to Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager on charges and turnover tasks
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Assumes responsibility for all maintenance tasks in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, consistently leads by example
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Two to four years industry experience or related general contract maintenance experience
- Ability to assist in supervision staff of three or more associates
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience - Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Available to be “on-call” when requested and promptly respond to work order requests during assigned periods, except during meal periods and rest breaks during which time employee is relieved of all duties and the Company relinquishes any control over how employee spends this time
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.