Senior Accountant, Enterprise Services
Charleston, SC 29401
Enterprise Services is a new shared services group within the Company. This accounting team will be supporting the Enterprise Technology, Innovation, Talent Management, Public Relations and Communications, and Customer Strategy & Brand groups. This role will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for Enterprise Services functions and executive leadership.
1. Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
2. Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
3. Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
4. Maintains the timely completion and distribution of financial reports for accounting manager review and assists in resolving discrepancies and variances in actuals-to-budget.
5. Works closely with the leaders of the Enterprise Services functional groups to explain journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions.
6. Assists with reforecasting and ad hoc financial requests of the Enterprise Services functional leaders in order to facilitate data-driven decision making.
7. Supports the annual business planning and budgeting process for the Enterprise Services groups, providing historical financial data and assisting in the management of budget models as needed. Assists in documenting and calculating a “utility charge” method of allocating costs of these groups.
8. Follows accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
9. Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs