Senior Leasing Consultant
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Senior Leasing Consultants are leaders in the art of bringing people and apartment homes together. They are multitalented, personable individuals with sales expertise and a passion for building relationships. Senior Leasing Consultants are seasoned sales professionals with demonstrated success in providing leadership to the leasing team, and are called upon to train new Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants.
As a Senior Leasing Consultant, you will be responsible for direct sales and marketing, sales leadership with the onsite team, and resident relations and customer service. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will listen carefully to discover prospective residents’ needs, confidently recommend solutions and overcome concerns, and earn commitment by guiding new residents through the leasing process. Senior Leasing Consultants bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
- A Sales Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized and Accountable. You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at your community.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying market trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations to the Community Manager.
- Connect with prospective residents through phone calls, appointments, and follow-up communications.
- Show off our community by walking the property with prospective residents and delivering a persuasive sales pitch about the benefits of living in an Equity Residential apartment home.
- Manage the leasing process by guiding new residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with applicants.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, as well as rent and inventory.
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any leasing issues that arise.
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or other related field(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and provide sales leadership and training
- College degree or coursework
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan