Sr Analyst, Revenue Management
San Mateo, CA 94401
The Senior Analyst, Revenue Management is responsible for analyzing data that supports the development, implementation and execution of strategies and tactics to maximize our revenue stream. This role will entail helping our teams gather, analyze and evaluate data to tease out opportunities to drive revenue growth through a proper balance of occupancy and price across all customer segments. In conjunction with inter-departmental stakeholders, the Senior Analyst will also assist with administering existing Revenue Management practices as well as developing alternative processes and tools to accommodate evolving business needs.
A successful candidate will possess the ability to translate complex data into straightforward explanations and have the data visualization skills to supplement the narrative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and disseminate analysis to internal stakeholders on pricing areas to include, but not limited to, customer segments, product segments, lease types, competitive activity, distribution channel performance, and system parameters.
- Create and monitor exception-based reports to improve visibility on when we are operating outside of the prescribed guardrails, isolate opportunities, and/or minimize revenue leakage.
- Proactively monitor key performance indicators and benchmarks to identify market, geographic, competitive, and overall business trends that warrant deeper analysis and advise stakeholders of potential effects/outcomes.
- Maintain and advance departmental data analysis tools, reports and resources.
- Support cross-functional projects related to revenue initiatives, product oversight, and/or operational efficiencies by ensuring consistent tracking and measurement of results.
- Contribute to new revenue opportunities, developing ad-hoc analysis to support growth strategies and pilot concepts.
- Actively track industry and consumer trends, competitive moves and other industry related news.
- 2+ years of experience in Business-based Analytics, Corporate Strategy, Management Consulting, Revenue Management, or related industries; experience and interest in multi-family housing is preferred but not required.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Business or other quantitative focus; MBA a plus.
- Results oriented with exceptional communication and analytical skills.
- Experienced with leveraging medium to large data sets and able to determine appropriate data elements and structure to draw insights and create meaningful analyses that are actionable.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, drawing from both professional and personal experiences to bring new ideas to the table and not merely executing tasks as directed.
- Both self-motivated and team-oriented with the ability to work collaboratively across functions, departments and with various levels of the organization.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for consumer data.
tactics and processes - Expert user of Excel with basic knowledge ofVBA, experience in Power BI a plus.
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.