Temporary - Site Manager
Sacramento, CA 95814
** NOT AN ON-SITE POSITION***
submit resumes to email@example.com
$24-28 per hour depending on experience.
Under general direction of the Regional Site Manager, and in accordance with Asset Management principles and practices/Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) requirements and effective customer service practices: this position plans, directs, monitors, evaluates, supervises and performs a wide variety of on-site property management activities that ensure the prompt and appropriate occupancy of available units. The Site Manager 1 is responsible for accurate and full collection of rents, enforcement of lease conditions and provisions, timely initiation of eviction proceedings, inspection of rehabilitated or repaired units, timely and accurate tenant re-certification, and the maintenance of safe and sanitary property conditions; and to effectively supervise and evaluate the work of maintenance and clerical staff at the site(s). Some positions may be assigned responsibility for these functions at multiple sites/properties depending on the number of rental units at the respective sites. The Site Manager 1 position is the entry level position into management and so is responsible for fewer units and staff.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan, organize and direct the day-to-day site based management and maintenance operations of public housing development(s).
- Administers rental policies of the Authority and performs and or supervises leasing and occupancy of units.
- Collects rents and is responsible for re-examinations of tenant income and inspection of units.
- Supervises maintenance of rental units owned by the Authority.
- Coordinates and solves problems relative to the Public Housing program.
- Implements changes in Federal and State regulations.
- May represent the Authority at the local level in public relations and community affairs.
- Maintains effective tenant relations.
- Requisitions materials and supplies.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of correspondence and monthly activities and status reports.
- Undertakes special studies and assignments as directed by the Regional Site Manager.
- Responds to and resolves issues pertaining to programs. Advises Regional Site Manager, in a timely manner, on necessary actions, problems, or requirements.
- Serve as an advisor to the Regional Site Manager regarding management and operations issues and other department-wide matters.
- May review and prepare comments on proposed Federal, State and local regulations and their prospective impact on department and authority programs. May suggest alternative courses of action, as applicable.
- Assists in the development of department policies and procedures implementing Federal, State, and local directives and statutes and Authority policies, and, as applicable, procedures for department activities and programs.
- Maintains adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the adequacy, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Holds and conducts regular staff meetings, to include the communication of and training in Authority policies.
- Responsible for departmental employee training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation. Recommends salary increases and takes disciplinary action as necessary and authorized. Approves leave requests and time cards.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Prepares budgets and monitoring budget performance
- Participates in the selection of staff.
- May be assigned to supervise and oversee the On-Call Program and Staff