Assistant Community Manager
Santa Clara, CA 95050
We are growing -- come join our team!
The Sares Regis Group of Irvine, California, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management firm that focuses on commercial properties and multifamily communities in the western U.S. Since its founding in 1993, SRG has developed and acquired more than $7 billion in commercial and residential assets. The company manages a combined portfolio of approximately 21 million square feet of office and industrial space and 19,500 apartment units.
OPPORTUNITY: ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER / SUNNYVALE
The SRG is seeking an experienced Community Manager for 220 Units at the Grove Garden in the Sunnyvale community! This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with a great company in a convenient location!
This person is responsible for the overall supervision and performance of the property. Some additional duties and responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
• Responsible for hiring, training and developing a competent team.
• Manages daily operations directly or indirectly such as: reviews daily rent recommendations and appropriately identifies opportunities to maximize income.
• Collects rents, including implementation of timely legal delinquent rent procedures; assures resident insurance compliance procedures are in place; assures screening criteria and policies are adhered to; assures resident retention procedures are implemented timely and effectively; makes certain weekly reports are completed timely and accurately; approves invoices and ensures timely and accurate data input; timely and accurately completes any other required reports.
• Reviews and analyzes monthly performance; completes meaningful variance reports; initiates annual budgets and forecasts.
• Identifies potential market challenges; educates self, staff and regional manager about competitors and conditions in the marketplace; creates effective marketing plans.
• Makes certain recurring contract work (i.e. unit cleaning, painting, landscaping) is bid out routinely to assure quality and best price; confirms contractor insurance and lien waiver requirements are in compliance with policy; monitors quality and timeliness of contractor performance.
• Assures OSHA and other safety procedures are implemented; ensures the team is educated as needed regarding safety precautions, including routine safety meetings, and confirms up-to-date MSDS information is available.
• Identifies, in conjunction with the maintenance supervisor, potential repairs or capital projects; confirms quality curb appeal meets standards set by corporate and the regional manager; identifies actual or potential risk management issues.
• Reads, follows, and implements the company and employee handbooks, property policy manuals, and any other governing documents.
• Must have excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and leadership/supervisory skills.
• Must have at least a minimum of 3 years as a Community Manager for 200+ Units. • Must have excellent sales skills
• Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
• Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of operations software used at the property level; Outlook, Internet software, EXCEL, and WORD
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, 401K match, 20% rental discounts and more!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: https://careers-sares-regis.ic...
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All positions contingent on completion of successful background screen and drug test.