Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Annual Salary: $85,000-$92,000 DOE
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Facilities Manager is responsible for devising and implementing any measures necessary to maintain all Burbank Properties to established standards, ensuring statutory compliance and acting as primary contact with respect to all Maintenance and Development matters related to existing and acquired buildings.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and oversee the Rehabilitation/Turnover Crew. Including but not limited to:
• Conducting annual Performance Reviews.
• Participation in Conflict Resolution and Disciplinary action related to Supervisory Staff
• Recruitment of new Staff.
2. Development and implementation for long-term Maintenance Strategies for all Burbank Housing Rental Properties. Conduct and monitor long-term Replacement Reserve Analysis as it relates to internal maintenance involvement. Provide recommendations to Regional Managers regarding property needs with respect to preparation of budgets for in upcoming years.
3. Development and implementation of policies and procedures related to Maintenance and building management, repairs and improvements.
4. Development and Implementation of means and methods for major repairs and remodels, including planning, and executive stages of the project. Creating scopes of work for projects, finding eligible Contractors, bidding process, construction process start to completion.
5. Negotiate contracts with sub-contractors and outside vendors for service and repairs
6. Supervise BHMC Construction Projects.
7. Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot active events such as fire, flood and natural disasters.
8. Meet regularly with Management and Development staff regarding status of ongoing projects.
9. Present state of the department to the Board of Directors through monthly reporting.
10. In conjunction with the Maintenance Operations Manager, supervise, track and coordinate 1st year "Service and call-back" for new Burbank Housing Properties, report to Construction Manager any Major systematic failures of new projects, communicate with General and Sub Contractors.
11. Conduct annual inspections and review of physical needs of all Burbank Housing rental properties to identify and prioritize capital improvements and/or major repairs.
12. Interact with Asset Management in areas related to funding and approvals as well as conferring and coordinating with Regional Property Managers on areas of need Supervise, track and coordinate post-construction "Warranty Service and Call-back" for Burbank Housing Capital Improvements, new construction and rehab projects, including communications with Development construction and project managers.
13. Assumes facility management responsibility for corporate office site including some repairs and various assistance.
14. Support & coordinate requests from staff via Front Desk: repairs & issues with major office systems, HVAC, leaks, etc.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Commitment & enthusiasm towards achieving Burbank Housing's Mission and Vision Statements.
2. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Qualification Requirements: The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made (except experience levels) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of construction, including rough carpentry, finish carpentry, plumbing, electricity, drywall, roofing, painting, caulking and sealants, and floor covering.
2. Up-to-date familiarity of contract and Lien laws.
3. High level or literacy in Excel platform with ability to create spreadsheets.
4. A minimum of five years hands-on and supervisory work experience in the construction field.
5. A positive presence and highly developed customer service skills.
6. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret work orders. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. Ability to relay to management information and status of the work being done and document completed work orders and any follow-up required.
Maintenance Management Skills: Must be detail oriented, well organized and sensitive to the needs and concerns of tenants and staff. Demonstrated ability to work independently on a project from start to finish. The ability to assess projects and/or tasks and accurately estimate time needed to complete said task.
Other Skills and Abilities:
1. Possession of a valid California Driver's License, a good driving record and automobile insurance per requirements of the State of California.
2. Previous experience in employee supervision and recruitment.
3. Contractor's license preferred but not required.
4. Working knowledge of business related computer software and systems: Word, Windows XP; Outlook
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to handle objects/operate keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms (above the head and below the waist); stoop; kneel and crouch; talk and hear; use hand to handle objects and tools; lift loads up to 70 pounds; climb ladders, scaffolds, or other high lift equipment; perform tasks at elevations up to 35 feet; descend into earthen excavations up to 10 feet below grade; move, machine, assemble all lumber, plywood, and other sheet goods components of "standard" wood-frame houses; operate air-less paint sprayer; install landscape materials, fences, and posts.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to high.