Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Bremerton, WA 98310
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for our beautiful property in Bremerton, WA.
Summary: Experienced in electrical, plumbing, and general construction, the Maintenance Supervisor oversees all maintenance operations, including goal setting, organization of activities, meeting objectives, and ensuring services meet established standards, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Anticipates needs and establish priorities and courses of action to meet objectives each day.
- Maintains work areas and systems in a neat, orderly condition to ensure smooth operations.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Performs on-call responsibilities in accordance with established schedule.
- Works with city inspectors for inspections and identified non-compliance items.
- Inspects new vacancies to determine necessary work to prepare for rental.
- Supervises workers in field and ensures timely completion of jobs.
- Approves necessary adjustments for assigned jobs.
- Inspects properties for safety, health, and fire hazard issues.
- Takes emergency calls and coordinates requested work.
- Assists Apartment Managers with requests of maintenance work by tenants.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and review of all personnel.
- Develops and maintains a program for sound employee relations at all levels of the organization.
- Provides guidance and direction to maintenance employees to assist in their professional development.
- Delegates and coordinates work orders and instructions to maintenance workers in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Resolves problems and discrepancies with jobs and/or interacts with workers to amend the issue.
- Contacts other vendors for problems that exceed the capacity of the company.
- Orders new equipment as needed and/or has equipment repaired.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Ensures permits for completed work and necessary for legal requirements are filed in office in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises maintenance employees, vendors and contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The successful candidate in this position will possess previous facilities/maintenance operations and supervisory experience. Prior experience in multi-family residential maintenance is preferred.
The work schedule will be based on the needs of the property, and will require evenings, weekends and on-call availability.
INTERESTED? Please express your interest by replying to this job posting. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time