Santa Barbara, CA 93111
LEASING CONSULTANT – Sumida Gardens Apartments, Santa Barbara, CA
The Towbes Group, Inc., a premier property management company with over 60 years in the Central Coast, seeks a full-time experienced Leasing Consultant to join our vibrant team within our multi-family residential properties portfolio. The position is located at Sumida Gardens Apartments, our 200 unit community located in desirable Santa Barbara.
This position requires an individual who is sales and service driven, outgoing and assertive, and who exhibits professional communication and organizational skills. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, energetic, polished and engaging team player who is passionate about providing outstanding customer service. As the initial contact between the public and the company, the Leasing Consultant becomes, “the face” of the community; establishing and maintaining good relations with current and prospective renters.
- Understanding and complying with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair edit Reporting Act, and all laws governing multi-family housing operations
- Utilize marketing programs incorporating direct mail, social media, advertising, competitive analysis, and other viable avenues of reaching potential residents
- Professionally touring prospective residents while demonstrating amenities and features
- Completing guest cards daily and following up regularly with prospective residents
- Maintaining a strong closing ratio
- Complete administrative functions including guiding new residents through the application and move-in process, performing credit checks, and accurately completing lease contracts
- Ability to plan entertaining and successful resident events
- Open and close models and market-ready units daily to ensure cleanliness
- Interact with peers to ensure work orders and unit correspondence is timely and accurate
- Ability to tour community with prospective tenants which requires walking the community and climbing stairs
- Minimum of two (2) years in a hospitality, sales, customer-service and/or marketing position
- Detail oriented and organized; ability to interact effectively with prospective tenants, current tenants, peers and management
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or other property management software
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work Saturdays
At this time, this position may require living on-site and includes free apartment as part of the compensation package. The initial work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Towbes Group offers a competitive salary, a rewarding work environment, complete health care benefits, 401k plan with a company match and paid time off programs. Clean DMV record, valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and pre-employment drug test will be required. EOE.
Hourly Pay Range: $14.00 - $22.40