San Mateo, CA 94401
In this role, you will support the Human Resources team by implementing human resources programs; maintaining associate relations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements Human Resources programs by providing Human Resources services.
- Employee Relations, provide counsel to manager, conduct investigations, review disciplinary action documents.
- Performance management, coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Oversee leave of absence cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, ADA, and all related employment laws.
- Act as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations.
- Facilitate HR Training throughout the organization.
- Performs additional on-going administrative duties and assists Director of HR with special projects as assigned.Qualifications:- High school diploma req. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years in HR experience with strong Employee Relations and Labor Law knowledge.
Candidate must excel in the following areas:
- Employee Relations/Performance Management.
- Strong Leave of Absence knowledge.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture.
- Strong understanding of Employment Law.
- Customer service.
- Training facilitation.
- Documentation management and maintaining associate files.
- Resolving conflict.
- Project/Time management.
- Must have advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:
• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.