Marketing+Leasing Agent / Concierge
Oakland, CA 94612
In 1996, Mark Edlen and Robert Gerding created Gerding Edlen with the vision to approach real estate with the singular focus of creating places for people. They were committed to creating, developing, operating and owning vibrant properties where residents could live, work and learn. This original vision remains—guiding Gerding Edlen and positioning it as a national leader in sustainability. Gerding Edlen has evolved to include expertise in investment management and property management, further adding value to its properties throughout the ownership cycle. Looking to the future, Gerding Eden continues to create exceptional places that will improve our communities, environments and lives.
We need your dedicated customer service skills, your savvy sales skills, and your ability to build rapport with existing and potential residents as part of our team at our newest building, Zo, located in the Lake Merritt neighborhood of Downtown Oakland. This 23-story mixed-use apartment building, with 206 residential units and an anticipated LEED Gold certification, needs you! A unique full-time opportunity, you will serve as the Marketing & Leasing Agent 3 days per week, while serving as the Concierge the other two 2 days.
Primary responsibilities as the Marketing & Leasing Agent will include:
- Meet and greet prospective tenants to show the property, explain terms of occupancy, provide information about the amenities and the neighborhood, determine availability based on individual needs and desires following Fair Housing regulations.
- Partner closely with internal Marketing team and Manager to drive marketing initiatives (social media, networking, advertising, etc.) for various properties, to source prospective residents.
- Assist with resident event coordinating which includes community outreach/partnering paired with company goals and demographic diversity.
- Create advertisements that describe and sell the property's amenities, available apartments, and neighborhood and post regularly to maintain high visibility on advertising sources.
Primary responsibilities as the Concierge will include:
- Greet guests and residents (both current and future), creating a welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
- Assist in ensuring the safe, smooth operations of the building by monitoring building security, maintaining and updating internal resident database, coordinating and communicating service requests, responding to building emergencies, and ensuring necessary amenities and spaces are available at appropriate times.
- Assist guests and residents by arranging services and reservations, such as transportation (taxis, public transit, etc.), dry cleaning, resident dining, travel, and entertainment, pet care, etc.
- Act as a liaison between residents and management team, ensuring all parties are informed of resident issues and/or requests.
If the following details describe you, please consider applying:
- Ability to successfully build rapport with potential residents, gaining their trust and respect quickly and easily.
- Ability to diplomatically and skillfully negotiating conversations and influencing decisions, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ability to successfully lease apartments, while maintaining the reputation of the company.
- Self-motivated, with a drive for results, successfully meeting and exceeding goals.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- Thorough knowledgeable of the market and competitors, sales techniques, and innovative marketing techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Proficiency with of MS office, and the ability to successfully and easily navigate the internet.
- Strong planning and organizing skill, with the ability to efficiently manage administrative elements of property manage, including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, successfully resolving problems in a timely manner and with limited direction.
- Ability to successfully build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally, finding common ground and solving problems for the good of all.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum 1 year of experience in a customer service environment.
- Hotel, hospitality or other upscale, luxury service experience preferred.
Gerding Edlen is a medium-sized development, investment management, and property management firm. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance. If interested, submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided.