Summer Associate, IT
Irvine, CA 92602
The IT intern will develop skills and capabilities that will allow them to function as an entry level IT professional in the very dynamic IT career path. Develop skills in imaging and setting up computer workstations, basic troubleshooting of IT equipment, and understanding basics of Active Directory, Networking and Infrastructure Basics. The intern will also learn to work within an IT team and be ready to work on projects a team has available in a future career. An important aspect of the program is to gain soft skills they can carry forward into the IT field. The intern will also learn to understand and work on a help desk system processing tickets, update PC Inventory lists, support Program Management activities and Enterprise application lists and diagrams.
- Learn and execute soft skills within IT to interact with all Essex team members
- Learning basic IT/Computer troubleshooting skills within the IT daily operations
- Understand and possibly execute on Exchange Email account set up and maintenance.
- Understand and possibly execute on basic Active Directory administrative tasks, groups, and permissions.
- Understand and execute on Program Management administrative tasks to update project charters in Word, update Project Plans in MS Project and maintain status reports in MS PowerPoint.
- Be willing to work with all members of the IT Team in documentation, policies and procedures manuals to completion.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- All interns must be working toward an undergrad working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Management or related technical field
- A minimum GPA of 3. 0 is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate with all levels of management