Regional Operations Specialist
San Diego, CA 92101
Regional Operations Specialist
ConAm Management has a great opportunity for an experienced property management professional, with property management software experience; such as, MRI, BostonPost, or Yardi to take the position of Regional Operations Specialist. This position will join our regional team in San Diego which currently has over 11,000 apartments under management.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have the ability to communicate well with team members at all levels. The candidate needs to be a strong analytical thinker that can quickly solve problems and perform with accuracy and consistency. It is important that they be committed to superior property management and excellent customer service.
This position will provide support, training, and oversight to the regional management team and our community management teams in key operational areas. The Regional Operations Specialist is assigned a portfolio of communities that they will work with and support. The key activities and responsibilities of the position will include the following:
- Internal Control: Establish a strong internal control environment through regular operational reviews, training policies and addressing operational weaknesses
- Financial Management: Serve as a liaison between the accounting department and the management team to address accounting discrepancies, reporting issues and financial management problems
- Legal Compliance: Support property managers with training and resources to address legal issues related to general landlord/tenant law, eviction, fair housing and other applicable regulations.
- Policy Compliance: Legal issues, risk areas (including fair housing) and opportunities for improving operational policies and procedures are identified and solutions are developed in coordination with the regional team and ConAm’s home office
- Training: Provide technical training, set-up assistance and on-going support for a variety of operations software programs and tools. Proactively identify and address community associates who need improvement.
- Software/IT Support: Resolve issues between IT department, software vendors and property management. Perform updates for specific changes and updates with property management software.
- Property Life Cycle: Support the regional management team with due diligence for potential acquisitions and provide support for the on-boarding/off-boarding of portfolio properties
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers with proactive and timely communication and initiative in improving ConAm’s operations.
- 2+ years previous experience working in the apartment management industry
- Experience with property management software such as MRI, BostonPost, or Yardi
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to handle pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity
- Excellent organizational skills. Attention to details, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with team members, providing exceptional customer service
ConAm Management Corporation is an experienced, full service real estate and property management firm which has been in the business for over 40 years. The company has earned its reputation as an industry leader through commitment to excellence and high ethical standards. ConAm serves clients nationwide through a network of regional offices located in key metropolitan areas.
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, Paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, and Employee Assistance Program. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with amazing people we enjoy working with daily.
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check, pre-employment physical, and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button below. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line application.