Santa Monica, CA 90401
SAMO Apartments is dedicated to providing residents with Santa Monica affordable housing options in a variety of settings. We proudly offer affordable modern apartments in several nice communities throughout the Santa Monica area. We are looking to fill our Leasing Specialist position with a hard-working, customer service oriented individual with strong leasing skills.
- Provide a positive, professional and friendly atmosphere in the leasing office and on-site
- Maintain high occupancy levels by demonstrating the value in our communities to prospective residents
- Maintain a 30% closing ratio
- Score 95% or higher on property shops
- Assist in marketing the property and generating traffic
- Evaluate the needs of our customers while communicating the corresponding benefits and features
- Support the marketing functions by recording accurate data on prospects and new residents in yardi
- Utilize company resources under the direction of the Community Manager to facilitate leasing
- Aid in achieving financial goals by effectively qualifying prospective residents and verifying applications
- Prepare lease documents and related paperwork.
- Finalize applications within 72 hours.
- Confirm all move-ins and schedule appointments for completion of move-in paperwork and online lease signing.
- Prepare all move-in packets and ensures keys and remotes are available on the move-in date
- Walk through all scheduled move-in units to ensure that the resident's new apartment home is in rent- ready condition
- Maintain thorough and accurate product knowledge of the community and that of the major competitors through site visits, tours, shops, telephone surveys, and follow-ups
- Post Craigslist ads per company guidelines
- Ensure completed move-in files are ready for audit by Community Manager
- Handle all in-house transfers and roommate changes
- Be the first contact for resolution of resident issues
- Prepare and distribute renewal letters/leases, thank you letters and copies of signed leases, as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures.
• Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues
• Ability to effectively present information to prospective and current residents.
• Demonstrated knowledge of demographics surrounding the assigned community.
• Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and client relations skills.
• Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures, and filing and maintenance of fiscal records.
• Ability to exercise initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Quality customer service skills
Qualifications and Skills (technical and non-technical)
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• At least 2+ years' general work experience
• Previous experience in the service industry (hotel, restaurant, etc.) a plus
• Experience in residential leasing/sales is a plus
• Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office programs, Internet and email and other relevant applications
• Proficient with basic office equipment such as copier and fax machine
• Previous experience with Yardi a plus
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
$16.50-$18.00/per hour DOE