IT Support Analyst II
Irvine, CA 92602
The Service Desk Analyst II is an experienced technical support specialist at Essex. This role is focused on resolving technical issues and interacting with customers for incidents and service requests called in by end users of the organization. This position is integral in the support offering for Essex, this individual has extensive experience with the technologies us use at Essex and is an accomplished technician. This person will have extensive technical skills and be able to schedule their time, and coordinate ticket resolution with end users and team members. This role would be expected to support users from all areas of the business professionally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Respond to all incidents and service requests in a timely manner, achieving SLA’s as established for the department.
· Troubleshoot any Essex hardware or software item that is not performing as expected by the end user.
· Clearly communicate expectations to the customer and consistently meet or exceed those expectations.
· Work to substantially decrease user downtime and reduce the costs associated with interruptions to user productivity.
· Escalate complex issues that are going to keep the ticket from being completed on time.
· Take ownership of issues/tickets and escalate if necessary, involve and coordinate additional resources and follow-up with end users to ensure satisfaction of service.
· Assist a non-technical user community providing informal training on the new device or software as needed.
· Work with the team to learn new skillsets and identify potential issues.
· Uphold company’s commitment to service excellence.
· Perform installs, moves, add, or changes to the equipment and end user devices for the organization
· Install, test, and demonstrate software packages to or for end-users
· Answer user questions and solve system, application software, and hardware problems or escalate as needed.
· Use ticketing for update on tickets assigned no less frequently than every 3 days.
· Follow provided documentation as needed to complete ticket assignments.
· Other duties as assigned.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office environment with occasional travel to Essex properties and corporate offices. Need to be able to lift 40lbs to be able to move equipment as needed. Must be dependable and flexible to work varying shifts based on customer demand.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
Education: A+ certification or Microsoft Certification preferred
Experience: Over 5 years of experience preferred
· Advanced Technical knowledge of computers and peripherals
· Advanced Understanding of networking standards, troubleshooting, security.
· Experience with current Windows & Office versions. Macintosh experience beneficial
· Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
· Oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with others in team environment.
· Ability to mentor members of the team.