Monrovia, CA 91016
Job Description: Manages all phases of the operation of an apartment community including, but not limited to, the general administration and maintenance; to direct and control all personnel and resources to the end that the community is maintained at all times in good physical condition with a stabilized fiscal operation according to Legacy standards and specific owner directives. Has complete and full responsibility for property P&L. Performs work of subordinates as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others duties may be assigned.
* Interview, hire, develop, counsel or discipline, and terminate, employees as needed in accordance with company's policy. Review daily job performance, communicating positive reinforcement as well as addressing work deficiencies as they occur. Perform written evaluations of employees at designated intervals; maintain records and distribute reports when applicable to District Manager and Human Resources.
* Responsible for the supervision and development of employees including but not limited to: Planning and preparing work schedules; assigning employees specific duties; direct and train on procedures and processes related to safety; AP Policy; fair housing; leasing; rent collection including receiving and posting deposits and handling all AR functions; locking and securing office; and other day-to-day property activity including maintenance and administrative functions.
* Ensures compliance of employees with established security, recordkeeping procedures, practices and company policies including but not limited to: job duties, attending required training or meetings and on-line required classes, time and attendance, electronic communications, accounting systems, and computer systems.
* Monitor and approve accurate payroll records as required by the company, schedule and enforce required breaks and rest periods, for employees in accord with company policy and law. Monitor and schedule overtime and on-call in accord with company and owner directives.
* Maintain collections and delinquency level in accord with owner directive. Manage and meet deadlines for write offs and rent collections. Review and manage property leasing goals, gross profit, purchasing, move-out deposit refunds, petty cash, and actual payroll versus budget on a daily basis making adjustments and corrections as needed according to company policy.
* Respond to residents'/tenants' and owner; concerns or inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
* Responsible for community development and housekeeping in accord with company standards and adhere to all company personnel directions concerning operations and procedures including but not limited to: accounting system, computer system, customer satisfaction; resident retention/resident activity. Oversee or manage all details of resident move-ins and move-outs giving special attention to apartment inspections, utilizing in-house employees or outside contractors/vendors as needed.
* Responsible for Safety Meetings and Community Inspections: Conduct safety meetings with staff in accord with company policy--minimum monthly. Conduct community property inspections in accord with owner and regional requirements which may include daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly inspections--document deficiencies, corrective action and improvements. Report to Regional Office.
* Prepare required reports including but not limited to: annual budget, monthly variance explanations; monthly AR close, market surveys and incident reports.
* Maintain ongoing, current knowledge of competition including in-person shops of competition in accord with regional requirements and translate knowledge into a benefit for the community and actively participate with the staff, Marketing Department, and District Property Manager in advertising, leasing, and community contacts to maximize occupancy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the apartment community and its employees: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, coaching, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Education or equivalent and: Accredited Resident Manager or similar designation, or a college education, or satisfactory years in this or a related field, or a satisfactory combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as leases, addendums to leases, pertinent move-in/move-out paperwork and various legal notices to residents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percents.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Internet Software, E-Mail, Accounting Software, YARDI software a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to be mobile and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not intended to be all"“inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.