The Sea Ranch, CA 95497
Burbank Housing is currently seeking an experienced Resident Manager to provide On-Site Property Management and Apartment Maintenance for a 45-unit family community located at Sea Ranch in Gualala, California. This property requires a Resident Manager with experience in Tax Credit administration for up to 40 hours per week.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in property management is required for the Resident Manager position. Experience in affordable housing qualification and recertification practices is required.
Summary: The Resident Manager of the SEA RANCH APARTMENTS is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of this apartment complex. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing applications for potential tenants, rents or leases apartments, collection of rents and deposits, oversees use of community room, multi-purpose room, coordinates maintenance of property, investigates and resolves tenant complaints and issues, prepares necessary reports, and supervises on-site staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects Burbank Housing's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Review tenant applications for eligibility; maintain and purge waiting lists; show available units.
- Follows Burbank Housing's procedure for processing eligible applicants within the program guidelines attached to the property (i.e. TCAC, CHFA, HUD, RHCP). Works diligently to ensure that all new move-in files are complete and orderly.
- Attends training as needed and recommended by BHMC. This training may require overnight stays out of town.
- Walks property at least twice per day (once in the morning and once in the evening) to assure residents of management presence and to monitor the overall appearance of the property.
- Attends regular in-house training and informational meetings offered by BHMC.
- Ensures that vacant units are "turned" in the fastest possible time by monitoring timeliness of vendors and maintenance staff. Walks vacant unit daily to monitor progress of turn.
- Keeps property vacancy loss to a minimum by processing multiple applicants simultaneously upon receipt of notice of intent to vacate by current resident.
- Distributes rent bills, collects rent and security deposits for submittal to BHMC accounting department. Works with BHMC accounting staff to facilitate smooth accounting procedures; fills out Tenant Status Change Orders in a timely fashion.
- Completes lease form, outlines conditions and terms of occupancy with new resident and completes relevant paperwork.
- Performs annual re-certification of tenants, completes required weekly reports, monthly reports, ticklers and compliance reports.
- Cooperates with compliance staff in submitting requested information for audits, inspections and annual reports for lenders and regulatory agencies.
- Supervises on-site staff, providing constant feedback through verbal and written communications, participates in annual performance reviews, sets priorities and goals, collection of time sheets, and oversight of work to ensure timeliness and a professional manner.
- Instructs tenants in emergency procedures, appliance use, and property rules.
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves tenant issues, prepares written incident reports, prepares and serves tenant warning notices, 3-Day notices, 10-Day notices, and 30-Day notices, appears in eviction proceedings, and maintains a daily Manager's log.
- Shows vacant units and applies BHMC approved marketing strategies to reduce vacancy loss.
- Conducts annual unit inspections, walk through of vacated units assessing any damage, cost of repairs, and arrange turnover repairs. Prepares security deposit refund statements and submits to BHMC accounting department for disbursement in accordance with lease provisions.
- With the Maintenance Manager and Property Management Coordinator, schedules maintenance staff, engages subcontractors in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting of apartments or buildings, and maintaining landscaping or gardening work, and prepares maintenance work orders for all maintenance work to be performed.
- May need to act as a repair person in an emergency.
- Provide local information of available nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.