Seattle, WA 98101
The Property Accountant applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to board members, senior managers, staff, and internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management (Yardi or One Site), and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs