Satellite Management Company
Colton, CA 92324
Satellite Management Company is hiring for a qualified Leasing professional for our large community in Colton, CA! (360 units)
The Leasing Agent is responsible for leasing apartments to potential residents, while selling the community services and providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective residents. The Leasing Agent is also responsible for preparing and explaining the lease paperwork to new and renewing residents, as well as, prep all vacant units to make them rent ready and “showable”. Successful Leasing Agents will be customer service focused, possess a sense of urgency, and be responsive to prospect and resident needs.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 1 to 2 years in sales, customer service, or related field
· Experience in Residential Leasing/Sales is a plus
· Previous experience with Yardi Voyager system a plus
· Proficient with computers, Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and email, and other relevant applications
· Strong written/ verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and presentation abilities with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals across the organization
· Outstanding orientation for customer-service with the ability to handle confrontations
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid organization and time management skills
· Ability to influence others
· Good negotiation skills with an aptitude for closing on leasing/rental opportunities
· Detail oriented effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver solid and consistent results for the business and bring assignments to successful completion
· Punctuality and regular attendance as scheduled
· Maintains a professional, friendly, and inviting atmosphere at the community
· Consistently works to optimize occupancy by leasing available units and maintaining positive relationships with current residents to ensure lease renewal
· Professionally demonstrates community by showing all available amenities, model apartment(s) and available apartments.
· Immediately processes prospect applications, ensuring, all documentation is complete and meets company qualifications prior to handing off to supervisor for approval (credit check, employment verification and landlord references must be completed to company standards)
· Prepare all leases/move-in packets for new residents in an accurate and timely manner and arranges for lease signing by new residents prior to move-in
· Accurately maintains prospect, traffic and rental record logs and all pertinent leasing data
· Responsible for maintaining organized, accurate, and up to date files for all residents; performs filing for the office as needed when not leasing
· Maintains thorough and accurate product knowledge of the community and that of the major competitors through site visits, tours, shops, telephone surveys and follow-ups
· Ensures the entire office environment is professional, clean, well-organized, and meets all safety standards
· Works with colleagues and Community Manager to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies
· Physically inspects property when out on grounds and picks up litter as needed, letting Grounds and Maintenance staff know of any possible issues
· Performs a spiff of all vacant apartment homes to show the unit rent ready (smells good, looks good, and creates an environment that a prospect wants to call home
· Accepts service requests from current residents and coordinates completion with Maintenance staff, following up to ensure customer satisfaction
· Is first to answer the phone when it rings; attempting to convert every call to a lease.
· Attends work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
· Works as a team member with other staff to ensure the success of the company and to create a positive work environment
· Other duties as assigned
The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Sits or stands at a computer station, meeting table or work desk as well stands and walks to other stations throughout the day.
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, as well as, bending and lifting
- Occasional climbing stairs, squatting, bending at neck/waist and twisting at neck/waist
· Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day.
· May stoop or crouch to access files, merchandise, or storage.
· Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses.
· Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone.
· Lift up to 20 pounds regularly; lifts 40 pounds occasionally and objects several feet tall.
· Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments.