Hayward, CA 94544
Are you seeking an integral sales and customer service opportunity with an established and growing company that is recognized as a leader in real estate development and property management?
We are currently seeking a Leasing Consultant for our beautiful property in Hayward, CA.
Leasing Consultants are responsible for leasing apartments to potential residents, while selling the community services and providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective residents. The Leasing Consultant is also responsible for preparing and explaining the lease paperwork to new and renewing residents, as well as, spiff all vacant units to make them rent ready and "showable". Successful Leasing Consultant will be customer service focused, possess a sense of urgency, and be responsive to prospect and resident needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains a professional, friendly, and inviting atmosphere at the community
2. Consistently works to optimize occupancy by leasing available units and maintaining positive relationships with current residents to ensure lease renewal
3. Professionally demonstrates community by showing all available amenities, model apartment(s) and available apartments.
4. Immediately processes prospect applications, ensuring, all documentation is complete and meets company qualifications prior to handing off to supervisor for approval (credit check, employment verification and landlord references must be completed to company standards)
5. Prepare all leases/move-in packets for new residents in an accurate and timely manner and arranges for lease signing by new residents prior to move-in
6. Accurately maintains prospect, traffic and rental record logs and all pertinent leasing data
7. Responsible for maintaining organized, accurate, and up to date files for all residents; performs filing for the office as needed when not leasing
8. Maintains thorough and accurate product knowledge of the community and that of the major competitors through site visits, tours, shops, telephone surveys and follow-ups
9. Ensures the entire office environment is professional, clean, well-organized, and meets all safety standards
10. Works with colleagues and Community Director to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies
11. Physically inspects property when out on grounds and picks up litter as needed, letting Grounds and Maintenance staff know of any possible issues
12. Performs a spiff of all vacant apartment homes to show the unit rent ready (smells good, looks good, and creates an environment that a prospect wants to call home
13. Accepts service requests from current residents and coordinates completion with Maintenance staff, following up to ensure customer satisfaction
14. Is first to answer the phone when it rings; attempting to convert every call to a lease.
15. Attends work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
16. Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
The successful candidate in this position will possess 1-2 years' experience in a customer service/sales-driven position. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience in residential leasing and sales is a plus.
Must be proficient in use of basic business computer operations (Microsoft Office Software), Internet. Previous experience with Yardi Voyager system a plus, but not required. "Tax credit experience a plus"
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
The work schedule will be based on the needs of the property and will require evenings and weekends.
INTERESTED? Please express your interest by replying to this job posting.
New Standard Equities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.