Temporary Leasing Manager
Woodland Hills, CA 91302
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
*This is a temporary assignment for approximately 4 months, next assignment and title TBD*
Our Leasing Managers are leaders in the art of connecting people to the right apartment home. They are multitalented, personable individuals with sales expertise and a passion for building relationships. Leasing Managers lead the overall leasing function at the community, including the direct supervision of three or more Leasing Consultants. They are seasoned sales professionals with demonstrated success in providing leadership. As a Leasing Manager, you will be called upon to train new Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants and to provide guidance, coaching, and motivation to your team.
At Equity, being a manager is much more than sitting behind a desk directing others; we believe in leading by example and walking in the shoes of the people you manage. As a Leasing Manager, you will be out on the sales floor with your team; conducting phone and in-person sales presentations with prospective residents; managing your book of business including follow-ups, check-in calls, and renewal conversations; and handling resident relations. You will be an expert on your community and submarket, including market conditions, competitor pricing, and new and pending lease-up developments. Additionally, you will act as a right hand to your Community Manager, providing leadership, delegation, and supervision to the office, service, and concierge team and making important business decisions in his or her absence.
- A Sales Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized and Accountable. You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the community while accomplishing the property objectives through training and motivating a high-performing leasing team.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and help your team reach theirs.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying community trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations and training.
- Connect people to community through effective leasing administration and training of your team.
- Show off our community by prioritizing curb appeal and maintaining accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the property and market
- Manage the leasing process by guiding the leasing team through effective sales strategies and follow-through.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, as well as development needs of the leasing team.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any leasing issues that arise.
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or other related field(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and provide sales leadership and training
- Experience leading a high-performing sales team
- Familiarity and comfort with performance metrics, sales quotas, and financial concepts
- College degree or coursework
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan