Los Angeles, CA 90067
Dynamic, highly respected real estate firm based in Los Angeles is expanding its property management team. The firm is committed to the growth and enrichment of each employee through a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration. The fast-paced environment is well suited to individuals who are ready to take on new challenges and provide operational excellence to residents and investor partners. The position requires a dedicated, constructive and energetic style. Guided by the objectives and goals of the firm, team members will ensure we have the appropriate objectives in place to effectively grow financial strength and operating efficiency.
Oversight of all maintenance aspects of a portfolio of properties spanning over 100 to 150 units at multiple locations. Support the property's business goals and objectives by preserving the functionality and condition of the premises. Perform multiple duties relating to facility systems, safety compliance, predictive and productive maintenance, new and exiting resident upkeep, routine service calls and external physical condition of the property. Identify and maintain relationships with third party service vendors to achieve response expectations and within budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Oversight of daily operation and maintenance of all working elements of the properties; such as:
- Carpentry: framing, drywall, texturing, plaster repairs, light roofing work, flooring/sub-floor repairs and/or millwork repairs.
- Plumbing: minor re-pipes, shower valve replacement, individual water heater replacement, circulation pump replacement and/or reroute plumbing lines.
- Electrical: replace receptacles/fixtures, replace breakers, troubleshooting for shorts/open neutrals, installation of recessed lighting, running dedicated circuits for smoke detectors and/or rerouting electrical lines.
- HVAC: troubleshoot wall heaters, furnaces, condensing/package units, boilers, air conditioning units and Freon charges.
- Maintain and upkeep of common areas and amenities adhering to safety, health and clean environment compliance.
- Responsible for timely completion of maintenance requests within 48 hours from residents and follow up with service calls, maintaining appropriate maintenance documentation.
- Collaboration with area manager, regional manager and operations team to identify third party vendors for capital projects and major maintenance repairs, when needed.
- Inspect properties on a regular basis to troubleshoot maintenance issues, safety hazards, property damage and needed repairs, either existing or future, including bi-annual unit inspections.
- Follow up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with OSHA, property insurance companies, government agencies, and company safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Maintain the property maintenance files and records ensuring documentation is kept complete and up to date, complete required reports, MSDF update and ensure all health and safety procedures and requirements are satisfied.
- Establish a preventative maintenance program with area manager, including performing work, timeline and cost parameters.
- Collaborate with area manager and regional manager to implement and adhere to individual maintenance budgets.
- Prepare service and property reports in conjunction with efficient operations and budget parameters.
- Identify and make recommendations and for proposals of third party relationships regarding the quality upkeep of the property and cost effectiveness.
- Provide emergency or unscheduled repairs and develop a plan for emergency or disaster issues and response.
- Maintain current knowledge of mechanical operations and improvements for best practices.
- Outline maintenance procedures and protocols for all on-site teams, establishing policies, procedures and guidelines to be used throughout the company and identifying and implementing procedures to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate and lead inspections for all potential new acquisitions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Attention to detail with strong organization/project management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and identify priorities, intuitive problem solver and customer responsive.
- Develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly to inspire trust within the property.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Maintenance Technician certificate, building maintenance technology a plus or additional training in related field.
- Industry certifications or licenses, preferred.
- Proactive approach to address a multi-level audience consisting of internal and external relationships.
- Reliable, dependable and able to work independently.
- Delivers results and has a strong sense of initiative and identifying best practices.
- 3+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, maintain a clean driving record and evidence of auto insurance in addition to remaining insurable under company's liability insurance policy.
Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
Must be able to move objects, and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER