San Mateo, CA 94401
This position assists the Corporate Accounting department. General responsibilities include:
- Complete monthly close timely (reconciliation, journal entries)
- Perform income statement and balance sheet fluctuation analysis
- Has basic accounting knowledge
- Perform payroll related activities
- Ability to perform various reconciliations
- Maintaining debt activities
- Working closely with the Corporate/Property Accounting Departments and Property Managers to complete bank reconciliations and deposit clearing/adjustments.
- Working closely with Treasury to ensure debt are maintained properly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various partners in order to complete task.
- Perform additional projects
- Process improvements (such as improving the reconciliation schedules)
- Coordinate between bank, property personnel, and accountants to resolve bank reconciliation issues.
- Maintain debt activities which includes ensuring interests are paid timely, create list of new debt for the quarter to ensure that interest expense are accrued timely
- Maintain close schedule
- Perform reconciliations including but not limited to payroll, accrued liability, cash, investment, debt, prepaid, section 125, notes receivable, equity
- Clear deposits and checks in the Company’s accounting system (“Yardi Systems”) on a daily basis.
- Maintain Corporate and REIT consolidated cashbook on a daily basis.
- Take full charge of the cashbook including the beginning input stage, the research of unidentified deposits, miscellaneous credit/debit transactions, and month end closing.
- Assist Corporate Accounting to reconcile the purchasing card program (“P-Card”) Liability Account.
- Perform Utility Management Company Payable Import into Yardi Systems. Prepare and process month-end close related journal entries and reconciliations including payroll and prepaid expense.
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits, including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility.
- Independently perform research/analysis, identify problems/discrepancies and their causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Provide backup to other Corporate Accountants
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field required.
- Three or more years of accounting related experience and/or training is also recommended.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and spreadsheet skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in daily routines is critical.
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft-Excel, Word skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Wells Fargo Bank Commercial Electric Office (CEO) banking system or/and Yardi software is a plus.
- Organized, attention to detail, maintain organized/complete documentation and records