Long Beach, CA 90808
Leasing and Occupancy
- Oversee marketing and leasing efforts to maximize the occupancy of the community
- Prepare marketing plans and develop new strategies and programs designed to meet leasing and occupancy goals
- Manage initial certification and annual recertifications for residents
- Lease and give property tours
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (complete guest cards)
- Record all telephone and in person visits on appropriate reports
- Demonstrate community and apartment product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features, benefits, and close the sale
- Have prospects complete application, secure deposit in accordance with Fair Housing requirements
- Update availability report (process applications for approvals (credit checks, rental history, etc.).
- Submit applications to Property Manager for final approval
- Secure new resident’s signatures on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in
- Orient new move-ins to the community
- Monitor renewals and notices to vacate
- Monitor advertising effectiveness
- Gather information about market competition in the area and file
- Accept rental payments and give to Property Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on YARDI System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Property Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance work orders and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed work orders on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Attend and participate in professional activities, meetings, organizations, regulatory agency meetings or inspections, as needed.
- Assist in submitting required internal and external reports.
- Maintain files, records, rental agreements and other documents.
- Schedule maintenance repairs, generate and file completed work orders and follow-ups, as appropriate.
- Assist in resident move-in/move-out procedures and unit inspections.
- Maintain a businesslike and professional appearance.
- Be available by cell phone for emergencies.
- Assist the Property Manager with special projects and administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY DOE: $18 - $23 PER HOUR WITH LEASING BONUS POTENTIAL