Corporate Housing Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA 23450
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::VA City:Virginia Beach
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 50,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently looking for a strongassociate for our Corporate Housing call center group in our Customer Care Center in Virginia Beach, VA.
TheCorporate Housing Specialist's primary responsibility is to ensure our Corporate Housing accounts reflect the most accurate information. Responsibilitieswill also include reviewing Corporate Housing accounts for balance and credit inquiries, working with the various corporationsto resolvedelinquency and support for taking calls, documenting accounts and completing follow-up in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED).
- Excellent record of attendance and timeliness to work.
- Two years experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze accounts including, but not limited to, charges from damages, accelerated rent, etc.
- Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule (some overtime may be required).
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others).
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.