ASST DIRECTOR OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Santa Monica, CA 90401
NMS Residential, LLC is looking for a dynamic leader who will optimize our staff and resources to lead our property management division to new heights of success. This position requires strong leadership skills, effective industry-standard business practices, and a deep knowledge of property management.
- Oversee the management operations of a portfolio of 10+ communities in a manner consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Clearly define and communicate property objectives and goals to on-site managers.
- Supervise on-site management in a consistent manner that fosters a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Using NMS Residential’s recruiting structure, interview and select candidates.
- Lead on-site teams by demonstrating a high level of professionalism with a customer-centric disposition that is consistent with the values of the company.
- Provide on-site managers and staff with motivation and strong leadership skills through effective management methods that provide support and critical feedback as needed.
- In conjunction with the Dir. of Property Management and Human Resources, execute and evaluate employee performance reviews.
- Engage on-site management and staff with coaching, career development, and career goals
- Review current processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and adjust as needed
- Participate in industry educational opportunities, research industry trends, submarket developments, demographic shifts and analyze legislative changes and their impact to property management practices
- Review and verify monthly market summary.
- Open new communities and assist on-site teams with the lease-up of properties.
- Participate in company required fair housing training, leadership, and sexual harassment training.
- Asses property and safety conditions on a periodic basis, including unit interiors, common-areas, leasing office, grounds, life and safety devices and ensure Cal/OSHA compliance.
- Train on-site managers and maintenance supervisors to promote safety and injury prevention practices
- Assist on-site managers with refurbishment projects and coordination of construction
- Produce strategic proposals that cover and achieve short-term and long-term financial goals per each community.
- Meet competitive rents relative to the submarket that include leasing goals
- Analyze delinquency reports on a weekly basis
- Analyze and approve monthly variance reports, budgets, expense reports to identify cost-savings
- Prepare annual budgets
- Perform and oversee audits to ensure compliance with the following areas:
- NMS Residential policies and procedures
- Legislative and fair housing requirements
- Lease files, vendor records, asset records
- Financial reviews: maintenance budgets, property budgets, and employee relations budgets
- Conduct safety audits for each property and maintenance workshops
- Appraise ownership of the following areas on a monthly basis:
- Capital improvements/safety concerns
- Staffing and operational issues
- Budgets and financial reports
- Evictions and tenant relations
- Support on-site management with tenant relations
- Promote positive, proactive resident relations
- Demonstrate consistent and fair practices that adhere to the company’s policies
- Coach on-site managers and staff on resident grievance resolutions
- Assist on-site staff with tenant notifications as needed
- Assist on-site managers with de-escalating tenant issues
- In the absence of on-site management assist teams as needed
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Knowledge of standard property management policies and procedures
- Ability to compose and produce written training manuals, policies, and procedural manuals
- Demonstrate knowledge of fair housing and legal regulations and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or real estate field preferred
- Property Management Certification is a plus
- Previous experience must include management of a multi-site portfolio
- At least 7+ years of previous property management experience at the Regional or General Manager level with oversight of a minimum of 800 units for at least 5 years
- Experience in annual budgeting and financial planning, tracking, analysis required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Yardi Voyager, On-Site, Check Scan
- Experience in asset performance analysis required