San Mateo, CA 94401
The Revenue Manager is a key role within the organization responsible for monitoring property and portfolio performance and identifying opportunities to maximize revenue. Collaborating with Property Operations, the Revenue Manager will provide support with daily pricing of new lease and renewal transactions and supply analysis related to market trends, revenue strategies and rate tactics. A successful candidate will be results oriented with exceptional communication and analytical skills. Though Apartment industry experience is not required, direct (or similar) experience is a plus. This position offers an opportunity to contribute in an exciting, fast-paced company, and to be part of a growing organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively analyze operational metrics, historical trends and relevant market data that impact property performance and, in collaboration with Property Operations, determine pricing strategies for both new lease and renewal transactions for a 15,000 unit portfolio.
- Communicate observations regarding non-price related issues to appropriate management personnel.
- Conduct regular teleconference meetings with Community Managers and the respective Regional Portfolio Managers to set pricing at the property level and evaluate system compliance.
- Work with Director of Revenue Management to set and manage parameters in the revenue management system (RMS) that drive pricing and software performance.
- Provide regular reporting regarding revenue trends and metrics related to the revenue management program and benchmark internal performance to competitive peergroup by submarket. Assist with ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Assist in the ongoing education of property staff regarding pricing practices and the revenue Management software.
- Support and assist in modification of training materials for Revenue Management tools and processes.
- Serve as liaison between departments to ensure consistent communication is delivered to all stakeholders regarding issues related to the RMS software platform and/or process enhancement requests.
- Assume a leadership role in strategic projects and intra-department initiatives.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Position requires ability to work standard hours and business days, 52 weeks of the year. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete the essential functions of the position. Must also attend training as required. Work schedule subject to change.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required
- Strong knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes.
- Strong knowledge of multi-family operations including the impact of tactical based decisions.
- Experienced leader capable of developing, coaching and inspiring a broader team.
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed while under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table, not merely execute tasks as directed from above.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Solid mathematical aptitude.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to respond to questions from a group
- Professional Image
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English