Tampa, FL 33601
The Paralegal position is responsible for providing support and assistance to members of Greystar’s in-house Legal Services business group with respect to pending commercial litigation and claims, dispute resolution, legal consultations, compliance, corporate governance, contract negotiation, and other matters that comprise the services performed by the business group. The position conducts research and analysis of applicable laws, gathers and prepares recaps of evidence and facts, prepares drafts of legal documents, including pleadings, settlement agreements, affidavits, releases, and other documents, assists in tracking and monitoring the status of pending cases from the initiation of a claim or case to the final resolution, and negotiates contracts.
- Provides support to and assists members of Legal Services with respect to the handling and management of pending commercial litigation and claims, disputes, compliance, and other matters and services managed or provided by Legal Services on behalf of the Company.
- Assesses statutes and other legal reference sources, conducts document searches and research on pending matters, gathers and reviews facts and evidence, and prepares concise and objective recaps relevant to pending matters within Legal Services to facilitate the effective resolution of pending cases, claims, and disputes.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of legal and other documents which may include commercial agreements, corporate governance documents, pleadings, releases, settlement agreements, affidavits, and memos, and catalogs and organizes case documents and other materials to enable and promote the efficient management of work.
- Assists with discovery, investigating facts, researching and many other facets of law. May conduct the initial interview with client to obtain information about legal problems.
- Acts as a primary contact with clients, outside counsel, opposing counsel, team members, and other business contacts by scheduling and attending calls and meetings, and assisting in the review, approval, and processing of payments for invoices, settlement accrual and reserves, and other case-related costs and expenses.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years’ experience as a corporate paralegal, including extensive experience with commercial agreements or transactional practice. Paralegal certificate preferred.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain compliance reporting to key business leaders and the Company’s support and functional groups.
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
Understands complex legal concepts and terminology and possesses financial acumen and understands loan documents, including credit agreements, security agreements, guarantees, and subordination agreements.
Knowledge of the rules regulating paralegals and legal assistants.
Knowledge of search engines for corporate governance filings and ability to perform legal research.
Ability to work independently and in a self-directed fashion.
Experience in corporate governance, contract, general corporate, and finance matters.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs