San Mateo, CA 94401
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Partnering with your team on key maintenance needs, our Maintenance Assistants are an integral part of each community’s success. Be it a fresh coat of paint or the general facade of the community, Maintenance Assistants have a hand in resident satisfaction and making this a place our residents are proud to call home. Maintenance Assistants are personable, have a keen eye for detail, a willingness to learn, a curiosity for how things work, and a passion for working with their hands.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will work with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
- Passionate about Maintenance. You have an understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
- A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll assist with repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Respond to service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Know the make-ready schedule. You’ll work closely with your manager and other community team members during the turnover process to plan and execute painting, cleaning and repairing vacant apartment homes.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- General ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school and/or military training
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan