Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a strong Network Engineer to join our Information Technology team at our Arlington, VA corporate headquarters office.
The Network Engineer is responsible for LAN/WAN infrastructure, on premise or cloud, at AvalonBay. In this position, you must ensure the stable and efficient operation of network systems that support core business functions. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires experience and knowledge of data and voice networks.
- Switching and Routing administration, including but not limited to VLANs, port security, trunking, routing and routed protocols
- Managing IPSEC VPN tunnels (Cisco, Sonicwall, Palo Alto)
- Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager, Unity, Finesse, & UCCX) administration
- Administering edge security devices, like Cisco ASA, Palo Alto and F5 BIGIP
- Configuring and managing complex LAN / WAN infrastructure
- Collaborate with network operations group to design, maintain, and support LAN / WAN infrastructure and operations
- Analyze and resolve network issues as they arise, ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred. Equivalent certification and/or work experience will be considered.
- 4+ years of experience in a network or system engineer role
- Experience with routing, switching, and security technologies
- Ability to research and learn new technologies and adapt to changes in technology
- Ability to setup equipment which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 50lbs
Our ideal candidate will have exposure to one or more of the following technologies: Cisco IOS, Sonicwall OS, NGFW (Palo Alto Networks), F5 BIGIP, Microsoft Windows AD and servers 2008/2012, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware ESXi 5.x or 6.x
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.