Redding, CA 96003
Multi-family apartment complex looking for an experienced, mature Maintenance Supervisor.
The Maintenance Supervisor is a constant advocate for and a visible representative of the community. The Maintenance Supervisor directs the maintenance team and outside vendors on the assigned community in a manner, which insures the preservation of optimum quality, efficient production and positive work relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
With minimal supervision, responsible for maintaining physical asset at assigned community by being responsible for all maintenance aspects established by Business Manager and the Company.
- Supervises maintenance employees and ensures each employee has been trained for his/ her position.
- Attends and participates in monthly mandatory management meetings and training seminars.
- Inspects the property daily for liability issues, maintenance needs, curb appeal; taking appropriate action. Remains informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a quality living environment for our residents.
- Directs the work of all vendors and contractors performing work at the community.
- Contributes to the achievement of financial goals through input and assistance in the administration of the capital and operating maintenance budgets.
- Adhere and comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Business Manager in ordering and inventorying of maintenance supplies in accordance with the community budget and at the lowest available prices.
- Ensures that all common area facilities and related equipment are maintained in accordance with all warrantees and manufacturers specifications.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the property with appropriate support to keep the project quality at Company standards. Serves as a resource in the development and communication of more efficient methods of maintaining the apartment project.
- Responsible for after hours and emergency on-call coverage. Coordinates and participates in an emergency response schedule for evenings, weekends and holiday coverage and responds immediately when on-call.
- Responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of project facilities.
- Inventories and maintains all property owned equipment, tools, materials and supplies.
- Directs the daily repair and renovation of apartments by the technicians and vendors and aids in the achievement of quality maintained projects.
- Ensures that all maintenance staff know the location of and understand the operation of all water, gas and electrical shut offs.
- Audit weekly service request orders to ensure completeness.
- Exercise significant initiative, discretion, independent judgment, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and demonstrate confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Maintains a positive, motivating and safe work environment.
- Complies with all Fair Housing laws, Landlord Tenant laws, OSHA safety guidelines and Equal Opportunity Employment laws. Any breach of these laws are to be reported immediately to the Business Manager.
- Reports all accidents, incidents and emergencies in a timely manner to the Business Manager and appropriate authorities (Police Department, Fire Department, etc).
- Comply with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety and personal protection equipment as required. Communication Skills: Include an intermediate ability to read, analyze, interpret and write documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Reasoning Skills: Must include a high ability to interpret and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Analytical Skills: Must include an intermediate level of ability to think logically and critically and to apply relevant information to self and job tasks.
Administrative Skills: Must include an advanced ability to plan and prioritize tasks to achieve satisfied residents and goals of the Company.
Math Skills: This position requires intermediate math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Computer Skills: Should be at an intermediate level and include the use of email and business related software.
Decision Making: Must have the basic ability to make plans, perform and make general decision to solve problems or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation.
Intermediate Networking Skills: Will be required to establish and build relationships with co-workers, vendors and residents relevant to generating/retaining leases, business and revenues.
Leadership Skills: Interact successfully with team members to complete tasks assigned. Ability to lead others in completing assigned tasks with minimal direction for supervisors.
Managerial Skills: Manage personal time to accomplish multiple assigned tasks in cooperation with team members. Prepare operational reports; interact with higher management to accomplish responsibilities assigned; take responsibility for meeting work objectivites.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be expected to handle assignments that are both task-oriented and objective-oriented. Must be able to follow established procedures for routine work and will receive specific instruction on non-routine projects. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
The Maintenance Supervisor should be able to comfortably stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and see with reasonable accommodation. They must also have the ability to perform fine motor skill requirements, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to work in high, precarious places, near risk of electrical shock and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level will be moderate.
The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is job knowledge equivalent to 2 years of college or trade school.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Background and drug screening will also be required.
Compensation: Non-exempt (hourly) rate of $16.00 - $18.00 / hour based on experience.