Maintenance Supervisor Riverside
Riverside, CA 92506
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the proper physical operation of the property. The Maintenance Supervisor performs a wide variety of maintenance, supervisory, and administrative tasks. The Maintenance Supervisor position is a "working supervisor" position; therefore, the Maintenance Supervisor can expect to be involved directly in completing various maintenance or repair responsibilities. The nature of the responsibilities of the position often require performing tasks related to the repair and maintenance of the buildings, grounds, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and Turning over apartments for new move ins. The Maintenance Supervisor must accomplish these responsibilities by creating a positive work environment; building relationships with the service staff, contracted vendors, other staff and residents; exercising good judgment; delivering outstanding customer service. Salary DOE,
- Oversee work of all vendors contracted to do work on or provide services. Develop positive relationships with vendors, keeping in mind the best interests of the property and residents.
- Develop specifications for the work to be completed, often in consultation with the Community Manager. Review and comprehend specifications that are provided by the corporate office. Make specifications available to possible vendors.
- Review bids received from vendors, sometimes in consultation with the Community Manager and determine which vendor will be assigned the work.
- Review the work of vendors while they are on site and immediately discuss any concerns. Inspect work when completed to determine if it meets the specifications and any other applicable standards.
- Review on an ongoing basis the contracts/agreements with vendors that provide supplies or ongoing services; determine if the property is receiving a good value for the work that is being done. Discuss any recommended changes with the Property Manager and implement, if appropriate.
- Manage the work flow of service requests and other tasks in order to ensure the smooth operation of the property.
- Assess performance of staff in completing service requests, including whether a call back is necessary, efficiency of staff, their problem-solving skills of staff, and any feedback from residents or the Property Manager.
- Discuss with the Property Manager at what level the Maintenance Supervisor may have authority to make/approve purchases or contract for services without consulting with the Regional manager.
- Understand how expenses will be coded to various general ledger accounts, and be aware of overall monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are in line with what is budgeted.
- Discuss in advance with Property Manager if expenses may exceed the amount budgeted for the month
- Obtain necessary bids from vendors with the assistance of the Property Manager. Bids will be based on any applicable specifications for the work to be completed.
- Evaluate bids with Property Manager and determine which vendors will be selected.
- Maintain ongoing positive communication with selected vendors and provide them with necessary information throughout the Turn planning and implementation processes.
- Ensure that other maintenance, grounds, housekeeping and student staff are trained related to their responsibilities during the Turn process. Involve them in the planning, if appropriate.
- Assign work to vendors during the Turn process; complete this task based on corporate standards and what is known about the vendor and his/her work force.
- Work effectively with Property Manager, Team Leaders, vendors and property staff to ensure that work is completed based on specifications and within established time periods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel and Word a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Required Experience EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prior experience in the apartment industry for a minimum of 3 years.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of apartment maintenance.