Redwood City, CA 94062
IEC is a vertically-integrated real estate investment firm specializing in value-add, multifamily in the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles markets. We focus on adding value through opportunistic investing, strategic repositioning and property management. Our property management company, IEC Property Services Corporation, strives to offer excellent customer service and care to residents while achieving property business plans. Founded in 1981, IEC has an exceptional 35 year track record and is rapidly acquiring new communities, offering growth opportunities to great team members.
IEC is looking for an energetic, skilled Community Manager to oversee three apartment communities (89 units) in Redwood City, California. Community Managers are responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day activities of the properties, including maintenance staff and vendors, to ensure that goals and objectives of the properties are accomplished.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market and lease available apartments using honed leasing skills, in full compliance of fair housing laws
- Pre-lease units and maintain a working waitlist of prospective residents
- Provide a high level of customer service and connect with residents
- Collect and deposit rent, late fees, and deposits using Yardi software
- Market available units daily on Craigslist and other approved marketing sites
- Screen and qualify prospective residents
- Prepare vacant units for rental, including renovation oversight
- Enter traffic, applications, leases, notices, work orders, etc. into Yardi Voyager each business day
- Provide status and suggested strategies to Regional Manager to ensure good communication and smooth property operations
- Maintain organized, comprehensive unit files including leases, communications, work orders, etc.
- Bid and negotiate service contracts, procuring all necessary building supplies
- Manage maintenance staff and vendor relationships
- Ensure completion of necessary repairs and maintenance. Oversee general cleaning of the building and grounds
- Manage property expenditures in accordance with budget
- Respond to all resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Serve as the employer's representative to enforce rules governing the premises and report unusual resident problems or behavior to the immediate supervisor
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years of multi-family property management experience
- Working knowledge of property management, California and local laws. Strong Microsoft Office and property management software skills.
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to empathize with residents and staff, while still enforcing community rules and policies
- Must work well with others
- Strong communication ability, both verbally and in writing. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from residents, vendors, government officials, and the general public
- A high school diploma or equivalent. College degree a plus
- Valid driver's license
Compensation: Annual salary $50k-$55k DOE, PLUS DISCOUNTED RENT, PLUS LEASING BONUS!
IEC offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Company paid healthcare premiums at 100%, specifically for the employee, with options to buy up
- Leasing Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time