Supervisor, Construction Payments
San Mateo, CA 94401
This position is responsible for reviewing all aspects of the construction draw process, including maintaining and reviewing budgets and tracking against cost, ensuring that all supporting documentation is current, correct and complete. Also ensure that all necessary steps for timely and accurate payment are accomplished.
- Ability to review and interpret construction agreements to ensure proper payment application in compliance with the construction agreement.
- Review and prepare all draw materials for accuracy and timeliness, including the review of draw packages prepared by the Construction Payment Specialist.
- Ensure draw payments are processed within contract terms
- Confirm all invoices are coded and accurately reflected on payment application
- Collaborate with the General Contractors and Construction Managers for resolution of discrepancies
- Verify and/or obtain all necessary approvals on change orders and draw packages
- Review and update all draw logs (draw comments, change orders, releases, insurance, etc.)
- Review Contract and Budget Variance schedules
- Review reconciliations between Essex and the general contractor, as well as between cost records and general ledger; reconcile retention balances and the check register
- Review quarterly construction accrual information
- Provide quarterly contract summary of JV Projects to Private Equity
- Maintain electronic files
- Special projects as required
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum five years of Construction draw processing experience required
- Detail oriented and multitasks
- Accounting knowledge preferred
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Possesses excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comprehends preliminary liens, lien releases, lien related issues and retention billings.
- Proficient in Excel (data management)
- Works well independently as well as with others.
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred