VP Asset Management
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
As the Vice President of Investments, you will lead the investment strategy for your assigned portfolio. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of capital improvement plans, rehab specifications, and repositioning of properties, as well as the selective disposition of assets in order to maximize the return on invested capital. The Vice President of Investments assesses the current and projected performance of properties and monitors all new supply and investment opportunities and assists in making strategic acquisition decisions. In conjunction with the Vice President of Property Management and other regional team members, the VP Investments will guide the financial performance of the region, marketing and evaluating the portfolio with a vision towards the ideal positioning and mix of properties.
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- Decisive Nature. You have a sense of urgency and the ability to manage a diverse group of people.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Work collaboratively across departments and functions to establish and update a strategic plan for every submarket and asset within the portfolio.
- Manage the capital improvement decision making process to maximize ROI and create value.
- Develop and implement programs to position assets in the EQR portfolio including identifying assets suitable for rehab, and disposition, lead the approval process and monitor the execution of the program.
- Build and maintain relationships with real estate advocacy groups, government agencies, brokers and key real estate principals within assigned markets and impact trends within the industry.
- Conduct oversight from an ownership perspective of the property operations, including monitoring asset performance against general market/competitor performance, budgeted targets, and long term plans.
- Manage and support investment team members including hiring, training, coaching, ongoing career development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Review progress in operations and business plan implementation with Senior/Executive leadership and Area Vice Presidents of Property Management.
- Make recommendations to senior/executive level management on portfolio strategy acquisition, rehab, capex and disposition opportunities.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, consistently maintaining a professional courteous attitude when interacting with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Real Estate, Finance, etc.) required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in real estate and/or investment banking.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, be detail oriented, have good business sense, and be able to work on numerous projects concurrently and prioritize workload independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and knowledge of work processes, spreadsheets, and EQR systems required as well as strong presentation skills.
- Travel required.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan