Property (Business) Manager
Placentia, CA 92870
Orange County based property management company is looking for an experienced, mature, patient Business Manager to oversee a large multi-family property located in Orange County, California.
The Business Manager reports to the Regional Operations Manager and is fully responsible for the on-site management performance of the community they are assigned. The Business Manager fully assists in meeting the operational goals of the Company. The Business Manager is responsible for maximizing market rents and maintaining high occupancy levels through effective leasing, marketing and management of the assigned community. Yardi Voyager experience a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Proven experience as a Business (Property) Manager or related role.
• With minimal supervision, manage the assigned property by being responsible for achieving leasing, management, financial, personal and administrative goals.
• Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity, independent judgment and exercise confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
• Instrumental in maximizing market rents and maintaining high occupancy levels through effective leasing, marketing and management of the assigned community.
• Directs the work of personnel assigned to community and responsible for managing and training associates as necessary. Focus on strong team development and inclusiveness.
• Develops and implements operational decisions that achieve occupancy, revenue and tenant satisfaction objectives.
• Develop and implement marketing and leasing plans to maximize traffic and rental closing performance.
• Maintains constant knowledge of market conditions that could adversely affect community performance and remains competitive in pricing and incentives in the surrounding communities to better maximize rents.
• Oversees all required administrative, accounting and maintenance work directly related to management of the community assigned and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Responsible for compliance of all HUD Housing Programs at assigned property.
• Maintains and sustains an average phone shop score of 80% or better.
• Attends and participates in monthly mandatory management and training meetings.
• Collects and deposits outstanding monies due to the community in a secure and timely manner. Process pay or quit notices, contacts residents regarding delinquencies and prepares/submits files to the legal department. Represents organization as agent for owner in court related matters.
• Responsible for the submission of all paperwork in a timely manner to corporate, to include without limitations, weekly reports, Sunday reports, delinquency logs, employee schedules, market surveys, rent summaries, leasing summaries, lease renewals, bank deposits, statement of deposit allocations (SODA), purchase orders, invoices, payroll and month-end reporting.
• Acts as liaison for internal and external communications including communication from corporate to residents of assigned community.
• Assists in creating and maintaining a positive, motivating and safe work environment.
• Establish and build relationships with competitors, vendors, businesses and residents to generate referrals and promote our communities.
• Manages all on-site employee work schedules and payroll records. Responsible for after hours and emergency on call coverage assignments.
• Manages and approve expenditures within $400 budgetary guideline.
• Directs the work of all vendors and contractors performing work at the community.
• Responsible for issues relating to the residents including application approval, move in, move out, lease renewals, resident notifications, maintenance requests, resident relations, community activities and conflict resolution.
• Inspects the property daily for liability issues, maintenance needs and curb appeal. Takes appropriate action to resolve deficiencies.
• Inspects storage and maintenance shops regularly for any hazards, improperly stored supplies, materials, clutter and debris; takes action to resolve any discrepancies with Company policies.
• Directs employees and vendors in the renovation, turnover and maintenance of all apartments, common facilities and community grounds in accordance with the property budget.
• Complies with all Fair Housing laws, Landlord Tenant laws, OSHA safety guidelines and Equal Opportunity Employment laws. Any breaches of these laws are to be reported immediately to the Regional Operations Manager.
• Reports all accidents, incidents and emergencies in a timely manner to the Regional Operations Manager and appropriate authorities (Police Department, Fire Department, etc).
• Comply with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety and personal protection equipment as required.
Communication Skills: Includes a high ability to read, analyze, interpret and write general business reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from corporate, clients, customers and the general public.
Reasoning Skills: Must include an advanced ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Analytical Skills: Must include an advanced level of ability to gather relevant facts and use them to reach sound and logical conclusions.
Administrative Skills: Must include an advanced ability to plan and prioritize tasks to achieve resident satisfaction and Company operational goals.
Math Skills: This position requires basic math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Computer Skills: Should be at an intermediate level and include the use and knowledge of integrated computer systems and business related software. Yardi Voyager software knowledge and experience a must.
Decision Making: Must have the ability to make decisions and the ability to prioritize, plan and perform unusual or difficult tasks with general operation methods and procedures.
High Networking Skills: Must exhibit a level of proficiency to establish and build relationships with clients and staff relevant to generating/retaining sales, business and revenues.
Leadership Skills: Interact successfully with team members to complete tasks assigned. Ability to lead others in completing assigned tasks with minimal direction for supervisors.
Managerial Skills: Manage personal time to accomplish multiple assigned tasks in cooperation with team members. Prepare operational reports; interact with higher management to accomplish tasks assigned; take responsibility for meeting work objectives.
A Business Manager will be expected to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is job knowledge equivalent to 2 years of college or trade school.
This position is a non-exempt (hourly) position with pay ranging from $28/ hour - $30 / hour - commensurate with experience. Rental commissions paid, renewal commissions paid and generous bonus and benefit programs available.
All applicants will be required to complete a thorough background and credit check as well as a drug screening. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and Employe