San Jose, CA 95126
Charities Housing is committed to developing and managing affordable housing and strives to create developments that contribute positively to communities. Healthy communities start with people who care, who fulfill a vision, and who gladly perform meaningful services. That is what you will find in each and every affordable housing developed, owned, and managed by Charities Housing throughout Silicon Valley. We firmly believe our contributions are essential to the creation of healthy communities.
POSITION: Occupancy Specialist
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary + Benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
LOCATION(S): Charities Housing - Main Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Compliance Manager
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Under the supervision of the Compliance Manager, the Occupancy Specialist is responsible for internal audits of tenant files, filling agency wide vacant units in a timely manner by conducting applicant interviews and processing files with a high degree of accuracy. The person may be asked to assist with the correction of file audits and prepare reports or responses to appropriate stakeholders.
- Must be a Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and be Tax Credit Specialist Certified.
- Must have intermediate level, or higher skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated, prioritize multiple projects, and be detail- oriented.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language; excellent written and verbal skills desired.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems, as well as multi-task.
- Valid California Driver’s License and the ability to travel between the main office and properties.
- Manages multiple wait lists under various affordable housing programs for the entire agency.
- Processes, and complete move-in files with a high degree of accuracy on an expedited timeline to meet each property’s occupancy re-rental requirements.
- Must complete file audits in a timely manner with accuracy and track any corrections that need to be made.
- Provides compliance support and guidance to on-site staff as well as to Regional Managers in person, via email and/or phone.
- Participates in and may instruct organization provided training.
- May be asked to work with Regional Managers and property staff in the coordination of external audits. Place all audit correspondence on the network drive and work with the Regional Managers to make sure corrections are addressed by property staff within deadlines set by auditors.
- Performs other tasks as required when directed by the Compliance Manager and/or the Director of Property Management.
- Provide all property staff with file set up guidelines (stacking order, cover sheet/dividers) for consistency throughout the portfolio.
- Responsible to work with the property management staff in the lease up of all new properties by reviewing, interviewing and approving applicants for move-in.
1. Computer use.
2. Sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
3. Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
If interested please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1) E-mail title should read “Occupancy Specialist”
2) A cover letter — send as an attachment
3) A copy of your resume — send as an attachment
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.