GHP Management Corporation Los Angeles, CA 90017
About this job
GHP Management is looking for Maintenance Technician's for our Los Angeles Properties.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, or Assistant Property Manager, responsible for the completion of general maintenance tasks including some service requests and turnover functions (based on individual ability to complete tasks) in order to assist in maintaining and preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. Likely to be called upon to perform groundskeeper responsibilities, (as well as other functions) not to exceed 60% of available time, and responsible for the overall cleanliness, physical appearance and presentation of the property. Responsible for performing all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies, and for relay of information regarding property operations or condition which could constitute a physical or liability hazard. Responsible for completion of any other tasks or duties which may be assigned as required to facilitate the safe and efficient functioning of the community.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES :
Complete, unassisted, service requests assigned by supervisor.
Master basic skills as follows:
1) Basic plumbing, i.e., leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and repair running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets, caulking. 2) Touch up painting, wall preparation, sanding and color match, small application skills. 3) Minimal appliance repairs. Replace burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc. 4) Simple electrical skills - switches, plugs, cord splicing, ballusts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, exhaust fans. 5) Simple locks - replacements, adjustments, bolt installations, window locks, and make keys, latches. 6) Screens and doors - repair and replacement. 7) Assistance in major appliance installation. 8) Detailing turnover units. 9) Some carpentry - re-changing closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods. 10) Elementary drywall repairs on previously occupied space, stripping wall paper. 11) Satisfactorily complete, unassisted, all turnover punch list items.
- Prefer high school education.
- HVAC certified a plus.
- Must be functionally literate.
- Some basic mechanical aptitude, understanding of building materials and tools.
- Prefer 2-3 years in apartment maintenance or equivalent field.
- Must be able to function effectively in customer service environment.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Should be available for weekend work and emergency service call duties.