Service Technician II
Los Angeles, CA 90017
GHP Management is looking for Maintenance Technician II.
As a Service Technician II, you will play an increasingly important role at GHP. It is you who will create a quality living environment for our residents by maintaining our properties in the best possible conditions. You will be a crucial team member that will contribute in a big way towards the overall reputation of GHP. Nothing sends a stronger message than the aesthetics of our communities and you are the professional that will make it happen.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail, practical mindset, as well as an outgoing and friendly personality.
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Customer Service:
- Create a sense of community and an outstanding living experience for residents
- Welcome and greets every guest and resident
- Provide assistance to guests and residents by holding doors; picking up dropped items; giving directions and offering assistance to a disabled person
- Demonstrates service excellence through the demonstration of company values, our employee promise, policies and initiatives.
- Demonstrates care through the completion of daily repair and upkeep of the community
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or GHP Management Corporation and maintaining a clean work area
- Maintain and take care of the cleaning supplies and equipment inventory
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of GHP policies and community policies, including OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies
- Delivers a quality end result to residents by ensuring that repairs are completed thoroughly, in a timely manner and as per supervisor's instructions
- Completes tasks related to basic plumbing, i.e., leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and repair running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets, caulking
- Prepares unit walls by touching up painting, sanding, color matching and completing drywall repairs
- When staffing situation requires, completes unit painting projects to meet market ready requirements
- Completes appliance repairs and services such as: replacing burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.
- Completes electrical tasks such as: installing switches, plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, and servicing exhaust fans
- Replaces, adjusts, and installs key lock, bolts, window locks, and as necessary makes keys, and installs latches
- Repairs and replaces screens and doors as appropriate
- Participates and assists in major appliance installations
- Completes simple carpentry work such as "“ changing closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods
- Demonstrates a high level of technical ability within the repair requirements of the community.
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire to deliver an exceptional resident and colleague experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Personable, positive, team-oriented mindset
- 2-5 years in property management or hospitality as a technician or similar experience
- HVAC certified a plus
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand basic instructions verbally or in written form
- Ability to multi‐task and have good organizational skills
- This position works both indoor and outdoor. Depending on assignment may be subject to the natural elements.
- Works in low to moderate noise levels.
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Frequently lift/move/carry 25lbs
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 50lbs with/without assistance
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Must have the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Uses hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.