San Mateo, CA 94401
Responsible for supporting Attorneys, Paralegals, and other Legal Department staff by performing a variety of administrative duties to include:
- Handle administrative processes and tasks for Legal Department staff, including Legal Department Vice President, Associate General Counsel, three Paralegals, and Claims Specialist.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, legal documents, and real estate transaction and corporate documentation.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls, including reserving on-site conference rooms.
- Screen incoming calls to Legal Department as well as calls directed to the Legal Department in general.
- Enhance the Legal Department desk manual and electronic document management system.
- Accept service for and distribute to appropriate parties court documents, including summons and complaints, subpoenas, hearing notices, etc.
- Organize, index, and create property closing binders, including printing, scanning, and downloading related documents.
- Develop and maintain on-site Legal Department filing system, as well as off-site file storage shipping and retrieval system.
- Process check requests and expense reports for payment.
- Process Purchase Card Statements for Legal Department company credit card holders.
- Process invoices for payment, including working with the Accounting Department in the implementation of electronic processing, and communicating with third-party vendors regarding payment and/or other related issues.
- Open and distribute mail daily, including date-stamping, scanning, and copying, as needed.
- Prepare outgoing electronic and standard mail, including Certified Mail and FedEx shipping.
- Order miscellaneous Legal Department office supplies, as needed.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned.
- Position requires the ability to work standard hours and business days, 52 weeks of the year. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete the essential functions of the position. Work schedule is subject to change.
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- College degree preferred.
- Working experience with In-House corporate legal department (not just law firm experience).
- Working experience supporting transactional attorneys/paralegals.
- Ability to problem solve and develop filing methodologies, etc.
- Advanced skill with computer programs: Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel; Adobe Acrobat; and company-specific internal operating programs.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to retain transaction specific information.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work independently.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside vendors and third parties.
- Positive attitude.