Assistant Maintenance Manager (2018-6068
Denver, CO 80230
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree or related coursework is preferred. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
Experience: Minimum of two years previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required. This position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, Freon recovery units, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment.
Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major Appliances
- Basic - Intermediate Plumbing
- Basic - Intermediate Electrical (when no license required)
- General Carpentry
- Pool Care (if required by property)
- Pest Control (if required by property)
Must have competency in the following:
- Excellent leadership, organizational and coordinating abilities
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to deal well with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally
- Driver's License required
Physical requirements: This position requires the ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces, or at heights in excess of eight to nine feet. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations required.
The Assistant Maintenance Manager ensures that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. Consistently maintains a positive relationship with all Residents and fellow Associates to ensure excellent customer service. Assistant Maintenance Managers will spend 90 -95 percent of their time performing hands-on repairs/maintenance work. The remaining time will be spent supervising the work of other Associates and outside contractors while performing general management functions as assigned by the Maintenance Manager. Will assist the overall team effort in any way possible. Position requires the ability to utilize a pager and serve on-call, as scheduled or necessary.