Occupancy Coordinator I
EAH Richmond, CA 94804
About this job
This position is for a full-time Occupancy Coordinator at a multifamily community in Richmond, CA. Qualified Candidate will have one year of related leasing/marketing/sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Must have basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Two years’ experience in multifamily, elderly, or related occupancy management position preferred. One year of experience working with HUD or TCAC programs. Occupancy certification/designation preferred.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition 17-0176 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for oversight of all occupancy-related activities for property. Maintains recertification schedule and ensures accurate and completed recertifications by the anniversary date of move-in and accurate and completed Interim Certifications, as requested. Also responsible for overseeing the EIV binder and EIV and discrepancy reporting, marketing and leasing property and all waitlist activity in accordance with policy and procedures set out by management. Responsibilities also include providing resident relations services in a professional and courteous manner. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to performance of miscellaneous clerical duties as well as support for office personnel. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Occupancy and Recertification
• Maintains and monitors a viable Wait List of qualified perspective residents, as well as internal transfer lists, minimizing vacancy loss; sends proper notices to add and/or remove applicants as necessary. Conducts phone and on-site interviews for potential applicants/residents; shows unit(s) if available.
• Schedules applicant appointments; conducts initial and follow-up interviews as necessary and approves all move-in files prior to third party or manager review and approval
• Ensures that recertification letters are mailed to residents 120 days prior to the anniversary date of move-in (depending on agency requirements); Oversees appointments with residents to sign necessary forms.
• Ensures reminder notices are sent to residents who fail to make prompt appointment responses for the recertification process.
• Ensures all recertifications are scheduled so that they are completed by the anniversary date of move-in.
• Reviews recertification schedule in Yardi on a monthly basis for timeliness.
• Keeps up-to-date with latest developments in recertification process for property.
• Perform all LIHTC applicant interviews. Responsible for LIHTC compliance in accordance with TCAC.
• Ensure NAU (Next Available Unit) procedures are adhered to during leasing process.
• Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, LIHTC or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence.
• Assists the Resident Manager and helps train new on-site staff with the completion of annual and interim re- certifications in a timely manner.
Marketing & Leasing
• Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plan.
• Assists in creation of advertisement for newspapers and other listings.
• Markets vacant/on notice units.
• Shops competition as needed to determine the status of current market.
• Conducts marketing surveys of competition, including occupancy rates, amenities, prices, specials (e.g., one month free rent), traffic, etc., and use the information to develop strategies.
• Greets prospective residents.
• Walks property tour route daily to ensure it is clean and presentable.
• Shows model units, common areas, and amenities.
• Logs all rental traffic to include guest cards and phone calls.
• Completes follow-up of all rental inquires (send thank you note, call, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Consistently receives shopping and phone report score of at least 90.
• Processes rental application and prepare lease forms and reports according to property guidelines.
• Qualifies, demonstrates, and leases apartment in accordance with Fair Housing Guidelines.
• Assists prospective resident with completion of application or answer any question or concerns they may have.
• Collects deposit and /or fees associated with move-in.
• Conducts unit inspection for move-in.
Resident Management / Relations
• Participates in property inspections: quarterly, move-in and move-outs
• Aids residents with the move-out process.
• Writes up and file service requests from resident upon receipt.
• Addresses complaints and resolves issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Provides professional, courteous resident relations.
• Retains accurate records.
• Contributes to the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas, and models.
• Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
• Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
• Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. One year of related leasing/marketing/sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Computer literacy; basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Two years’ experience in multifamily, elderly, or related occupancy management position. One year of experience working with HUD or TCAC programs. Occupancy certification/designation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985