Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Sares-Regis Group San Diego, CA 92108
About this job
We are growing -- come join our team in San Diego! The Sares Regis Group of Irvine, California, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management firm that focuses on commercial properties and multifamily communities in the western U.S. Since its founding in 1993, SRG has developed and acquired more than $7 billion in commercial and residential assets. The company manages a combined portfolio of approximately 21 million square feet of office and industrial space and 19,500 apartment units.
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - San Diego, CA (970 units) - Mission Valley
**DAYS REQUIRED: TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY**
The SRG is seeking an experienced maintenance professional to help oversee the maintenance of 970-unit Promenade Rio Vista community. This person will supervise and coordinate activities of employees and outside contractors engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds. This is a great career opportunity! ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in meeting the goals and objectives as defined by the regional and Community Manager
- Perform the duties of the maintenance supervisor in his/her absence
- Perform carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, masonry, appliance repair and porter duties
- Works in turnover and renovation units, as well as responds to maintenance service requests
- Works on external, as well as internal repairs which may include, but is not limited to, drywall repairs, painting, fence and gate repairs, plumbing installation or repairs, appliance repairs, boilers and HVAC systems, common area clean-up
- Participates in emergency and after hours coverage based on the established schedule or as required
- Sets up and operates appropriate equipment, machines and tools.
- Coordinates employee work schedules, and may monitor performance of recurring contractors (i.e., cleaners, painters, exterminators, etc).
- Understands budget limitations; identifies cost and time savings; assists in maintaining appropriate level of inventory and related paperwork.
- Participates in and assists with the coordination of after-hours emergency coverage.
- Knows and educates staff relative to safety and incident reporting; knows and educates staff on OSHA requirements; assists the supervisor in maintaining up-to-date MSDS information and educating the team about its contents; identifies risk management, capital projects and immediate repair conditions.
• Must have experience in ALL trades • Must have at least 5 years experience in a similar role on 500+ units • CPO and EPA 608 certification required • Current driver's license and auto insurance • Must have own tools • Able to work weekends and overtime as job requires including on-call for after hours emergencies We offer a competitive compensation package that includes bonuses, medical, dental, vision, 401K match and more! PLEASE APPLY ONLINE:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All positions contingent on completion of successful background screen and drug test.