Leasing Professional - Marisol Apartment
Carlsbad, CA 92010
At LMC, it’s all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Executes the community’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospective residents, conducting community tours and showing apartment homes, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy and sales results, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the community’s established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost occupancy.
- Uses the on-site community management software application (OneSite) to track apartment home availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and future resident’s data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the community meets LMC’s standards by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team, merchandising and ensuring physically appealing models and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with future guests and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Executes activities in support of the community’s lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative reports.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with LMC, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associate/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area of responsibility.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in leasing, sales, or marketing that demonstrates customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment amenities, and answer questions regarding residency.
- Proficiency in executing sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craig’s List, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Leasing Professional to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment communities. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.t notice.