Coy D Estes Senior Housing
Coy D Estes Senior Housing Upland, CA 91786
About this job
COY D. ESTES SENIOR HOUSING
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, the Assistant Manager, assists in the daily management of the Senior Housing Program, including ensuring compliance and timely reporting for a tax-credit senior housing development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager works under the general direction of the Project Manager and receives only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise. The following represents the major essential duties of the position. However, it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Interview potential tenants, review documents to ensure compliance with Program eligibility, select tenants, and ensure eligibility requirements are met ongoing.
- Conduct move-in and annual inspections of dwelling units. Make recommendations for repairs and/or modernization.
- Collect and post rents and assist in the accounting record management process.
- Participate in a variety of community relations programs. Develop and maintain resident social programs and activities.
- Assist in the tenant orientation programs, including explanation of complex policies, regulations and information related to program and housing services.
- Compose correspondence and reports. Maintain related files.
- Provide program information in-person and via telephone.
- Refer residents and applicants to appropriate social service agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training/education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience: Two years of office experience involving the preparation of reports and a variety of correspondence. Type 40 net words per minute. Some experience in property management and/or experience in the administration of tax-credit properties or affordable housing programs. Some college level education is desirable. Experience with Microsoft Office systems including Excel.
- Principles, methods, techniques and strategies pertaining to the management of tax credit housing programs.
- Accounting principles and practices
- Legal mandates, policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures pertaining to affordable housing program management.
- Modern data and record management storage and retrieval systems.
- Safe working methods and procedures.
- Operate modern office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Assist in the management functions and activities of a senior housing complex operation.
- Work independently.
- Interpret and apply rules, regulations, legislation and policies.
- Keep accurate records
- Effectively address resident issues and concerns.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Fingerprint clearance and criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.