Assistant Community Manager
Berkeley, CA 94704
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Assistant Community Managers are leaders in the art of bringing people and apartment homes together. They will be called upon as the individuals responsible for community operations in the Manager’s absence and will serve as role models to the rest of their team. They are multitalented, personable individuals with sales expertise and a passion for building relationships. Assistant Community Managers are seasoned property management professionals with demonstrated success in providing sales, customer service, and administration leadership to the team.
As an Assistant Community Manager, you will utilize your proven skills and knowledge to readily adapt to the challenges that accompany supporting your community. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will listen carefully to discover resident needs and confidently recommend solutions to overcome concerns. You will actively participate in the leasing and renewal process at your community by engaging with prospective residents, and will demonstrate an expertise in your community and submarket, including market conditions, competitor pricing, and new and pending lease-up developments. Additionally, you will act as a right hand to your Community Manager, providing leadership, delegation, and supervision to the office, service, and concierge teams and making important business decisions in his or her absence. Assistant Community Managers bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
- A Sales Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized and Accountable. You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the community.
- Analytical. You are comfortable working with numbers, interpreting financial statements, evaluating trends, and analyzing data.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Flexible and Adaptable. You understand that solutions to resident issues and concerns may vary; this knowledge that the world does not exist through black and white lenses allows you to comfortably operate in the gray when needed.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and create synergistic relationships with team members and residents.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying market trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations to the Community Manager.
- Connect with prospective residents through phone calls, appointments, and follow-up communications, leading the rest of the team through demonstration of your excellent sales and rapport-building skills.
- Manage the leasing process by guiding new residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with applicants, as well as guiding the leasing team through effective sales strategies and follow-through.
- Show off our community by prioritizing curb appeal and maintaining accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the property and market.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, as well as rent and inventory.
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any leasing issues that arise.
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or other related fields(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and provide sales leadership and training
- College degree or coursework
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan