Maintenance - Assistant Facilities Mgr.
Western National Property Management Los Angeles, CA 90028
About this job
Maintenance- Assistant Facilities Manager/Maintenance Manager – Apartment Homes
Western National Property Management is looking to fill a Assistant Facilities Manager position at Eastown Apartment Homes, a 535 unit community in Hollywood, CA. The Assistant Facilities Manager assists with the coordination and scheduling all general apartment and facilities maintenance with maintenance associates as well as outside vendors. Expected to perform under minimum supervision in a manner which ensures overall customer service satisfaction and optimum property performance. The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic. Candidates need significant customer service experience as well as previous multifamily property management experience with a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy environment that rewards your efforts and dedication!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preventative maintenance program to maximize the useful life of all building systems, equipment and machinery and maintain a safe environment.
- Complete minor maintenance and maintenance requests per company policy or as directed by supervisor.
- Perform repairs on apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance is to company standards for leasing and occupancy.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity. Exercises confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Teach and monitor safe work practices of facility associates. Provide guidance and assists with training as necessary and/or required.
- Assist with the inspection of the community and all common areas each morning, to detect maintenance concerns as well as completing risk assessments.
- Remain informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain an exceptional quality of living environment for our residents.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are completed within 24 hours.
- Coordinate make-ready operations with Facilities Manager to ensure that vacant units are prepared in accordance to the make ready protocol of the Compliance Schedule.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing services and maintaining the community.
- When necessary, purchase supplies as required through company approved vendors.
- Responsible to maintain shop area in a neat, organized and secure condition per Company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager and/or Community Manager.
- Secure, repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
- Oversee and participate with on-call maintenance providing evening, weekend and holiday emergency service.
- Maintaining the leasing office and all recreational, common area facilities.
- Comply with all WNPM policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in residential property management.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Knowledge in carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, drywall repairs, masonry and appliance repairs and installation.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.