Leasing Agent / Consultant
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Orange County based property management company is looking for a motivated Leasing Consultant for a full-time leasing position at one of multi-family properties in Orange County.
The Leasing Consultant is a constant advocate for and a visible representative of the community. The leasing consultant is instrumental in maximizing market rents and maintaining high occupancy levels through effective leasing and marketing of the assigned community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• With minimal supervision, responsible for leasing functions of the community through effective marketing, leasing and leasing administration responsibilities as established by the Company.
• Provides customer service, leasing support and resident relations at the community he/she is assigned by responding to rental inquiries, scheduling appointments, touring prospects and qualifying applicants. May assist in submitting maintenance requests, responding to resident comments and questions.
• Assists in maintaining high occupancy by demonstrating the value in the property. Facilitate communication of apartment availability to the corporate office and other Company communities.
• Adhere and comply with established Company policies and procedures.
• Succeed in competitive sales environment where compensation is tied directly to individual and group performance.
• Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity, independent judgment and exercise confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
• Maintains constant knowledge of market conditions and competition in the surrounding communities to better maximize rents. Remains aware of current competitive marketing campaigns.
• Utilizes and maintains detailed phone logs and guest cards. Performs consistent follow-up on all prior traffic.
• Updates current prospect wait-lists.
• Aids in achieving financial goals by effectively qualifying prospective residents and verifying applications. Prepares lease documents and all related paperwork. Updates records as necessary. Maintains organized and complete lease files.
• Contributes to the team effort by being aware of and relaying information regarding the community's general appearance and conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a quality living environment and lease apartments.
• Inspects model apartments daily, pre-determines daily tour path and pre-inspects all rent ready apartments prior to move in.
• Assists with all paper work and special projects when requested to do so.
• Remains familiar with all marketing aspects of the property, including full knowledge of all available apartments, their current conditions, rental rates and available move-in dates.
• Complete and submits all paperwork in a timely manner to corporate, to include without limitations, weekly reports, Sunday reports, delinquency logs, employee schedules, market surveys, rent summaries, leasing summaries, lease renewals.
• Accurate recording of data on prospects and new residents.
• Maintains and sustains an average phone shop score of 80% or better and an average of 1 net rental per week.
• Assist in maintaining a positive, motivating and safe work environment.
• Complies with all Fair Housing laws, Landlord Tenant laws, OSHA safety guidelines and Equal Opportunity Employment laws. Any breach of these laws are to be reported immediately to the Business Manager.
The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is job knowledge equivalent to 2 years of college or trade school.
Hourly (non-exempt) rate for this position will be between $15.00 and $17.00 based on experience.
Equal Employment Employer who utilizes E-Verify. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Company requires candidates to participate in background and drug screening.