Mesa Management, Inc.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Orange County based property management company looking for a dedicated, experienced Maintenance Technician to work for multi-family and commercial properties located in Orange County, California.
The Maintenance Technician performs all general apartment and facilities maintenance under minimal supervision in a manner, which insures the preservation of optimum quality, efficient production and positive work relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• With minimal supervision, responsible for assisting with maintaining the physical asset at assigned community established by Maintenance Supervisor and Business Manager.
• Responsible for the daily upkeep of community curb appeal, common facilities, parking lots, landscaping and vacant units at the community he/ she is assigned.
• Cleans, paints, performs repairs and restores vacant units to a rent ready condition as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and Business Manager.
• Performs service requests in occupied apartments, shows respect and courtesy to residents by cleaning up after the request and not disturbing residents or their belongings.
• Participates in an on-call emergency schedule for after hours, weekends and holiday emergency coverage and responds immediately when assigned to be on-call.
• Contributes to the achievement of occupancy goals by effectively performing maintenance tasks, which promotes a quality living experience for residents.
• Maintain storage facilities and tools in an orderly, working condition.
• Knows the location and understands the proper operations of water, gas and electrical shut offs.
• Complies with all Fair Housing laws, Landlord Tenant laws, OSHA safety guidelines and Equal Opportunity Employment laws.
• Comply with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety and personal protection equipment as required.
Communication Skills: Candidate must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English.
Administrative Skills: Must include ability to handle basic recording requirements of job such as tracking personal time worked, work schedule and other administrative responsibilities.
Math Skills: This position requires basic math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures.
Computer Skills: Should be at a minimum level and include the ability to turn on and access basic e-mails and programs.
Decision Making: Position is highly structured and requires work from detailed instructions.
Intermediate Networking Skills: Will be required to establish and build relationships with co-workers, vendors and residents.
The Maintenance Technician will be expected to handle assignments that are primary task-oriented and include detailed instructions. Must have experience and knowledge in basis plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry work.
The Maintenance Technician should be able to comfortably stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and see with reasonable accommodation. They will also be required to perform fine motor skills requirements, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance.
The Maintenance Technician will be required to work in high, precarious places, near risk of electrical shock and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level will be moderate.
The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is job knowledge equivalent to 1 year of college or trade school.
All candidates must have reliable transportation to travel between properties.
This position is an hourly (non-exempt) position paying $15.00-$18.00 based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employer participates in E-Verify.