The Property Accountant role is a remote role that can sit anywhere in the U.S.Applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports, and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit, makes mortgage payments and distributions, and ensures accuracy.
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Analyzes and reviews accounting and financial resources for property acquisitions, dispositions, and closings and budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, private funding, contracts, grants, and other corporate financial and accounting transactions.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and Company reporting.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs