Grand Prairie, TX
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform general building maintenance under close supervision
• Perform custodial duties, grounds, maintenance, and minor maintenance and repair work
• Perform general labor work as assigned by the engineers, including loading, unloading, and moving materials and running errands for projects
• Replace and repair door hardware, locks, and keys
• Perform interior and exterior painting to include; experience with all types of paint, matching paint type to proper application, surface preparation, including wood, metal and drywall, and minor repair work in wood, metal, and drywall
• Replace light bulbs/lamps/ballasts and cleaning fixtures
• Move furniture, modular system break down and set up
• Perform vacancy clean up and organization
• Respond quickly to emergency situations and customer service requests as assigned
• Police landscaping, sidewalks, common area, and parking facilities
• Perform snow removal/leaf sweeping as needed
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours.
• Technical Proficiency
• Sense of Urgency
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Participation in apprentice program or trade school
• 1+ year of related experience in a commercial property setting preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Mechanically Inclined
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or stand-by or on-call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.